September 15-16, 2017
Lexington, Kentucky

Our Sponsors

When you purchase admission to our conference, your ticket price covers approximately 20% of program costs*; the other 80% is subsidized by a variety of supporters. Foremost, we are a program of the University of Kentucky College of Arts & Sciences, which covers staffing and overhead, plus a portion of program costs. Generous cash contributions from LexArts, the Kentucky Foundation for Women, and the University of Kentucky Libraries pay for stipends, travel, and lodging for our visiting artists each year, including presenters, Poetry Slam competitors, and contest winners. A crucial contribution of about 5 percent of program costs comes from dozens of individual donors, especially The Kim Edwards Foundation and Frank X. Walker. We express our gratitude to all the individuals who gave so generously: they will be acknowledged by name in our conference program. To join them, please visit our Contribute page.

The Carnegie Center for Literacy and Learning is our most important in-kind donor, providing use of its beautiful, comfortable, and historic building at low cost for our daytime sessions and Sunday night reading. Very few communities in the United States can boast of an institution like the Carnegie Center, and none can justly call themselves the Literary Capital of Mid-America, as we do.

Our media sponsor is WUKY FM 91.3, the University of Kentucky’s public radio station. Our bookseller is the Morris Book Shop, and Third Street Coffee provides coffee for our conference registrants. We encourage your loyalty to each of these, as their support has been crucial to our success.

*Compare our 20% to the esteemed Sewanee Writers' Conference, whose ticket prices cover 66% of program costs.